Tuesday, October 21, 2008

oh, the knee!


This is what happens when you get "old". You realize you have enjoyed way too many rich meals without the proper amount of exercise to balance the caloric intake/caloric expenditure ratio. You join the local recreation center so you can spend your evenings exercising instead of watching TV and during a 2nd round of leg presses.....rip.....there goes the meniscus in the right knee! It hurts to just walk....much less to exercise. So, now I am having surgery on Nov 10th. It is a scope and I will be off work for 3 weeks....coming back just in time for Thanksgiving:) Don't plan on my playing ball that day.....I'll just be content being fashionable and smelling good!

5 comments:

The Birds said...

OH PEGGY!!! So sorry to hear of your little accident! I love the pic on the post though! You just couldn't take grandma getting all the attention with her knee (hee hee!) Let us know if we can help you out!
~Chandi

Birdnest said...

UPDATE: My surgery is moved up to Mon, Oct 27th....YEY! That should get me up and about much sooner....

Missy said...

So you have a blog? Sweet, now I can stalk you too! Sorry about your knee; I hope surgery went well!

T-Birds said...

Thanks for the comments!!! Yes, I do have the cutest g-kids!!! Hope all went well with your surgery!!!

mary.katherine said...

I didn't know you had a blog! It looks like you should be a couple days out from surgery. Hope it went well--and THAT is why I don't exercise!! :)
Hope you have a speedy recovery!